TfL have already seen the benefits of effective traffic and crowd management using our intelligent traffic systems for projects such as The Royal Wedding and closure of the Blackwall Tunnel where mobile Variable Message Signs (mMVS) played a fundamental part to ensure safety and reduce disruption.
As the integrated body responsible for the Capital’s transport system, it is the role of the TfL to implement the Mayor’s Transport Strategy and manage transport services across the Capital.
As well as running London’s Congestion Charging scheme, Barclays Cycle Hire and other key transport projects, TfL manages a 580km network of main roads and is continually seeking to improve road safety and address congestion hot spots.
• Intelligent messages keep traffic moving whilst utilities work is carried out
• Traffic management during planned tunnel and road closures
• Rapid response for emergencies such as burst pipes or major incidents
• Witness request messages for TfL and/or MPS
• Effective crowd and traffic management during significant events
• Innovative traffic management technology & journey time data